It’s been awhile since I’ve done a stash-busting update – since November 10th, to be exact! I’ve been trying to get as much stash out the door as I possibly can, via donations to newbie knitter friends as well as via stash sales on Ravelry.
Speaking of which – I still have some nice yarn available on my Ravelry Stash page, if you’re interested!
Anyway, I think I’ve definitely made some good progress on my goal of selling, using or donating my entire yarn stash that was current as of March 18, 2008, which at the time was 25.8 miles of yarn. I really thought I was crazy at the time.
But I’m making progress! Here’s where we stand as of today:
So far, I’ve moved 64% of that 25.8 miles out of my stash, leaving just 16,648 yards, or 9.46 miles. Like I said, most of that I’ve sold, and in looking at what’s left I think that a lot of it will be donated, particularly the leftovers of the Cotton Ease I bought for the Babette blankets. Donating just that yarn will reduce the yardage significantly.
Now, as I’ve mentioned before, I am still acquiring yarn during this stash-busting phase. But I’ve been much more judicious about the yarns I’m choosing to bring into the stash, and am trying to fill the stash with yarns I know I’ll love, love, love to knit with (like Dream in Color Classy – oh, how I love thee).Â So I’m definitely not trying to reach a zero-sum yarn stash situation, but I am trying to control the size and quality of the yarns I keep around.
And it’s working! And I’m much, much more confident that I’ll be able to reach this goal than I was when I made it. Thank goodness I still have over a year to go!
Filed in: Stash Busting