I’ve had a few of my non-knitting readers ask about the pin-blocking process I used on my Ishbel and Forest Canopy scarves in my last post. For the most part, I used the Yarn Harlot’s instructions from this post she wrote on the subject, with some minor tweaks, mostly due to lack of foresight on my part. I didn’t think ahead to run a string through the top of the Forest Canopy scarf before I started, and the Ishbel had a curve, so that was right out. Instead, I just pinned them out at the points and hoped that the long lengths of the scarves would work themselves out. Luckily, they did.
I did, however, pin these out on our bed, which meant I had to shut the cats out of the room for a few hours while they dried. They didn’t appreciate that. However, I’m the one that buys their food, so they knew better than to retaliate.
Here are a couple of shots I took after pinning out the scarves and waited (im)patiently for them to dry:
(These off-center pins were adjusted right after I took this photo. Seeing them here is driving me crazy.)
It’s really amazing how much I was able to tug and pull these scarves into shape, and opened up all of the holes in the lacework to maximize the airiness. Now I get why people really love blocking.
In other news, the Central Park Non-Hoodie is progressing. The back, both fronts, and almost all of one sleeve are completed.
Knitting this sleeve had me convinced it was a mile long. It’s not, but it feels that way. Only one more to go, though, and I can start seaming! So far, I’m in good shape of meeting my mid-October deadline. Woo-hoo!
Filed in: Knitting