First of all, thank you all so much for the kind words about my February Lady Sweater! I really appreciate all of the nice comments, thank you thank you thank you!
I actually have another finished knitting project to show you. Behold, the “Just Enough Ruffles” scarf:
Hello, I was apparently very tired when this photo was taken.
Pattern: Just Enough Ruffles by Laura Chau (Ravelry Project Link)
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Pagoda, just over 1.5 hanks on size #9 needles
Started: January 2010 Finished: February 2010
What a fun pattern! It’s cast on sideways, and knit along the long edge. Some short rows are added to make the curve of the scarf, and then with just a few rows left, you increase the number of stitches from 200 to 600. Those 600 stitches were almost too much for my circular needle! Luckily, I had used an interchangeable set, so I was able to switch to a longer circ (I think I ended up on a 47″ cable).
I must brag for a moment and say that I cast on the initial 200 stitches with a long-tail cast on, and managed to guess the perfect amount of yarn to use for it on the first try. I’m just as amazed as you are.
There was only one problem with this scarf, though. I was using the hank and a half I had leftover after making this hat. Unfortunately, it wasn’t quite enough. Since I had to stop wearing the hat because it turned out to be just a littlebit to small, I sacrificed the hat to finish the final row and cast-off edge of the scarf. I think it was a wise choice for me, since I’ll probably wear the scarf more than a too-small hat.
And with that, I am all caught up on finished objects! The only things left in my WIP pile are one pair of socks (first one done, second one half-way finished) and the potholders for the swap (3 down, 2 to go). I hoping to have the potholders done by the end of next weekend. I better get to work!