How I Spent My Wednesday

September 12, 2013By

Yesterday was another of Francesca’s “A Day in the Life” Photo Challenges. She challenges you to take a photo from each hour of the day, and upload them to the social media of your choice. It’s a fun challenge to see how everyone spends their days. I played along with my camera phone, knowing that I’d be out and about in places not suitable for my nice camera.

Here’s how I spent the day:

7:00 Feeding time. She's better than an alarm clock. And louder. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

7:00 a.m. – Feeding time! I was half-awake when I poured the food, and managed to spill it everywhere. I’d been planning to sleep in a little this morning, but Zelda was not having it. She’s more reliable – and louder – than an alarm clock.

8:15 am Breakfast. Frozen french toast, real maple syrup, tea. I am so excited to eat on nausea free mornings. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

8:15 a.m. – Breakfast. I have a doctor’s appointment today with a procedure that will require some inner strength on my part, which means I get to eat a real breakfast. Frozen french toast, tea, and REAL maple syrup. Do not get me started on the importance of real maple syrup. I try to buy New Hampshire maple syrup when I can, but Vermont and Canada seem to have the Midwest market cornered. It’s not the same, but oh well. (I kid.) (Sort of.)

9:36am Checking my work email before my doctor's appointment. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

9:36 a.m. – Checking on the work emails. I’m so thankful that I have a job that allows me to work from home a couple of days a week.

9:56 am The bathroom inspectors on the job. #adayinthelifephotochallenge


9:56 a.m. – Privacy? What privacy? That’s Ruby on the left and Zelda on the right. This is what I saw when I was brushing my teeth today. I call them the bathroom inspectors.

10:45am Waiting room. I was there for over an hour, so this is my 11am picture, too. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

10:45 a.m. Waiting room. I was there for over an hour and 20 minutes, so I didn’t bother taking an 11 a.m. picture of the exact same spot.

12:02pm Getting ready for my thoracentesis. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

12:12 p.m. Time for my thoracentesis! I’ve had a build up of fluid in the plueral space of my left lung (called a pleural effusion) so this procedure will help me out. The ultrasound finds the fluid, and then a tube is inserted into my chest cavity and the fluid is drained. I won’t lie, it kind of hurts. But it doesn’t take long, and afterwards I know I’ll feel better.

1:00pm Thoracentesis complete. That was... unpleasant. But it's over, and I'm glad. #adayinthelifephotochallenge


1:00 p.m. Thoracentesis complete! It’s standard procedure to get a chest x-ray afterwards to make sure everything is OK, so I’m just waiting for the results. I got a thumbs up from the nurse, and I was cleared to leave.

1:30pm Starving! Ben and I had lunch at Wild Eggs. With a little more room in my abdomen, I could eat a fair bit. And that muffin was amazing. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

1:30 p.m. – Lunch! I was starving afterwards, so Ben (who had been waiting in the waiting room the whole time, poor guy) and I went next door to Wild Eggs, a local brunch spot. I got the most loaded veggie omlette on their menu (the Surfer Girl – spinach, mushrooms, onions, cheese topped with pico de gallo , avocado and alfalfa sprouts), with skillet potatoes and an everything muffin. I ate SO MUCH and Ben was impressed. Typically, I have to stop eating sooner because my stomach gets too full and the pressure is too much. This is why I needed the thoracentesis – more room to eat!

2:30pm Home and time for an unexpected 3 hour nap with Zelda in my armpit. It's cuter than it sounds. #adayinthelifephotochallenge


2:30 p.m. – I laid down to take a quick nap, and ended up sleeping for 3 hours. Zelda kept me company by curling up in my armpit. It’s more comfortable than it sounds.

5:54pm Catching up on Instagram. Now I want cookies. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

5:54 p.m. – Catching up on Twitter and Instagram after my epic nap. Remember my love of maple syrup? Thanks to noirbettie I learned that there are maple leaf cookies at Trader Joe’s. Guess what’s on my shopping list for the weekend?

7:23pm Catching up on work emails. With cat. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

7:23 p.m. – Checking up on work again that I missed this afternoon due to epic nap. Zelda keeps me company.

8:04pm Zelda and I watching Lil BUB's Big Show. GOOD JOB, BUB! #adayinthelifephotochallenge


8:04 p.m. Computer closed for the evening, Zelda takes residence on my lap. Here we are watching Lil Bub’s Big Show on the Roku. Also, I would like to point out that I did, indeed, move from the couch between 5:54 and 8:04 p.m., despite what these pictures make it seem.

9:45pm Ready for bedtime. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

9:45 p.m. Getting ready for bed! This picture cracks me up, because I had trouble holding the phone in my left hand, but it’s also really hard to brush my teeth with my left hand since I’m a righty. I’m trying really hard not to laugh and spit toothpaste all over the place. Also, excuse the hair, I have no idea what’s going on there.

So that’s it! That was my day. It was a lot of fun to make a boring day seem more important, that’s for sure.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Filed in: Photography

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Beth says:

    Wow, an interesting day! So glad I checked your site today, love the end of day shot!